Where to go

Counseling, ADAP & Psychological Services
CAPS offers counseling, psychiatric and substance abuse treatment to Rutgers students.

College Ave. Campus
17 Senior Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901

Cook/Douglass Campus
61 Nichol Avenue
New Brunswick, NJ 08901

For more information:

Office of Disability Services

Lucy Stone Hall, Livingston Campus
54 Joyce Kilmer Ave., Suite A145
Piscataway, NJ 08854-8045

For more information:

Where to go in times of crisis

During office hours, you can contact any of the Rutgers Counseling Centers or Psychiatric Services. Rutgers Deans, Resident Assistants (RA’s), Emergency Medical Service (EMS), and Acute Psychiatric Service (APS) can be contacted at any time.

Acute Pyschiatric Services
671 Hoes Lane (near Busch Campus)
Piscataway, NJ 08855
(732) 235-5700

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
1-800-273-TALK (8255)

Rutgers Emergency Medical Services
For an Emergency
Dial 9-1-1

From a University Phone
Obtain an outside line, then dial 9-1-1

From a Cell Phone
(732) 932-7211